jeev14

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased two clownfish which I currently have in my QT. I have noticed that the female has some white stringy poop. I have read several posts regarding this subject regarding concern for internal parasites so I prophylactically treated with 7 days of prazipro as directed. The female still continues to have white stringy poop 3 days later. I am feeding them a varied diet consisting of spectrum pellets, mysis, black worms, flakes. The clownfish is behaving fine. It is eating everything aggressively, swimming around like normal, breathing like normal.

My question at this point is do I

A. Repeat prazipro for 7 days
B. Switch to General Cure to treat with metronidazole
C. Continue to observe fish and feed normally and hope it passes.

I am currently doing option C since the fish is behaving fine. However would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
in my experience....
I have never tried the prazipro.... i have it but never opened it. I have tried other medications and they are pretty harsh on the animal...
I have had white stringy poop from clowns and i keep them well fed and from time to time ( every 4-6 months ) give them a 3 day feed of Hex pellets and/or Ich Pellets.
No more stringy poop!
I cannot say this stuff 100% works or the fish are just have good immune systems but all my fish are fine.
All in all, i have had Ick, and I am sure I have had other illnesses in my tank. I keep my fish fed frequently and i drop these in every 4-6 months and whatever is in there goes away...

I had ick in the past and tried a few meds on different occasions and lost the fish.

jeev14

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey MarkLugo23. So you recommend to repeat the Prazipro treatment for another 7 days. Is there any harm switching to general cure? It contains both the metronidazole and praziquatel(found in Prazipro). Also if the clownfish is still eating well is it better to mix medication with the food.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: