AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've had two Ocellaris clowns about 1 - 2 inches big in my tank for about two months. They were quarantined for 1 month. They appear to be doing well and eat everything I feed. I've noticed that their poop tends to be long white and stringy after each time i feed NLS Thera +A 1mm sinking pellets with garlic.

I do not notice this whenever I feed frozen. If I'm feeding frozen I almost always feed Fish Frenzy or PE Mysis.

I rarely feed pellets but did so today because I was in a rush and I noticed the white poop. The expiration on the NLS is June 2016.

I've read that white stringy poop is a sign of an internal parasite but what does it mean if it only happens after feeding pellets?

Thanks!

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I feed the same nls thera A n sometime it do the same not all the time feed them something with greens "veggies"like formula two so it can help.i think all creatures that eat need their greens brine shrimp can be used as a laxative

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Dan,

The best way to stop this, is buy feeding different foods. Brine with spriulina, mysis, clam, flake, pellets, squid. Feed them different food everday.

You can also try some foods with probiotics in them, i dont know if it helps but it cant hurt.

Your clown needs a varied diet to ensure health. I also recommend getting spirulina flakes.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I feed the same nls thera A n sometime it do the same not all the time feed them something with greens "veggies"like formula two so it can help.i think all creatures that eat need their greens brine shrimp can be used as a laxative

Thanks Al. I have PE Mysis, Cyclop-eeze, Spirulina brine, rods and fish frenzy so I try to mix things up but they all seem to love the fish frenzy so that's what I feed most.

The fish I currently have in QT took the fish frenzy immediately so I've been sticking with that brand mostly.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Dan,

The best way to stop this, is buy feeding different foods. Brine with spriulina, mysis, clam, flake, pellets, squid. Feed them different food everday.

You can also try some foods with probiotics in them, i dont know if it helps but it cant hurt.

Your clown needs a varied diet to ensure health. I also recommend getting spirulina flakes.

Thanks for the feedback! What foods with pro-biotics would you suggest??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: