thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
where can i get a 20# co2 tank refilled in the new york area. I live in the burbs but can't find a place by me. the only place is American compressed gas and they will not fill your tank only swap out a tank for a filled one and they want a yearly rental fee of over $80 each year and charge $13 each time you get a full tank. please help

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I had the same problem- bought a nice new shiny tank and no company wanted to fill it for me. There is one welding supply store that will do it but you have to leave it for a day or two and they are on LI. I ended up swaping this cylinder for used one and since then I was just swaping them. You usually get an ugly looking one but you never have to care about the test and it takes 5 minutes to swap for filled tank. In the comapny I used (welding supply on 39th and 2nd ave in Brooklyn) I didn't have to pay a rental fee but filling a 20# cylinder costs $25 there. And BTW, welcome to MR:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: