mikesreef1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am preparing to purchase equipment to set-up a nano reef aquarium. Though not new to the hobby I have been spending the last few weeks reading books and crawling the various forums mostly to get updated on technology and techniques new to the hobby over the past 20 years or so :D . Wow there have been a few! So far my equipment list is as follows (SEE BELOW.) I am looking for feedback, i.e. am I missing something? And so on. Obviously I am not listing things such as live rock, live sand, salt and so on. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

1. JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Quad PowerCompact Bulb Aquarium w/MTS-60 Cabinet Stand
2. JBJ Digi-Temp 2 External Digital Thermometer w/ Probe (Battery Operated)
3. Hanna Instruments Digital Seawater Refractometer
4. JBJ Mini-Arctica Chiller w/ Digital Controller 1/15HP
5. JBJ Nano & Mini Arctica Chiller Installation Kit
6. AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer with Maxi-Jet 1200 Pump
7. Jager 150 W Heater 13 inch
8. Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Reef Master Test Kit

-Mike
oHio

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is very good. Kalkwasser (via slow drips) is easy and cheap too. Ca reactors are more expensive and complicated, but they are the bread and butter of most reefkeepers. But I'd start with bulkreefsupply's solution.

Consider this skimmer instead of the Remora:
http://www.globeaqua.com/skimmers_euroreef.html

There's one designed specifically for your JBJ, and it skims very well from what I've been told.

mikesreef1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this unit work with the JBJ that is a non HQI? I am confused when the description says JBJ28G HQI/ Open Top. Obviously my tank will have an open top.

Thanks,

MIke

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure, but I am rethinking my recommendation anyhow :P I think Euroreef is going out of business, so I would pass on this skimmer and go with your original plan.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: