A

Anonymous

Has anyone had one spawn in thier tank? I had a torch not to long ago that went brown jelly on me. A few weeks after it was gone I notice a few small torch heads around my tank. It has been a couple of months, but the small heads are growing nicly. Is it common for LPS to spawn in captivity?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does happen, but the success of spawns rearing to maturity is more rare. Congrats :)

How small are these heads? I'm thinking it could be polyp bail-out as well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heads are roughly the size of a dime in diameter now. They were significantly smaller when I first noticed them. I'm not sure on the height b/c they are in holes in my live rock. Is polyp bail out another means that LPS reproduce?

nice1bruva

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a torch in my reef for about 8 months and traded it in the end as it outgrew my tank about 6 monhs ago.
mine spawned during it's stay in my reef.
i have approx 10 miniture versions to this day arond the rock.i even had to remove some that were too close to a vivid purple sps that was getting burned at night.
two have 'tentacles' 10" long and over an inch of calcium base growing out of my live rock.
the funny thing is that my sps corals are much slower growing??
:roll:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: