kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Is there a program/Database out in the market where you can input YOUR water parameters and lighting and it would give you what corals would thrive best within those parameters? also what kind of corals you can place together and others that should no be together?
example : When you look up a certain coral online, you might get this...
Ideal Supplements: Iodine, Trace elements
Reef Compatible: Yes
Tank Conditions: 72-78?F; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Water Flow: Medium to Strong
Light: Medium to High
Dominance: Peaceful
Placement: Bottom
Care Level: Experts only

So now by having a database where inputting your parameters would give you the corals that would have a higher chance of survival in YOUR tank.
I think I might be able to put one together but I would need people's advice, also if you had two corals fighting eachother it would be great to have that info.

I dont know I'm just throwing an idea out there.... as always it sounds better in my head than I can explain, I might just make a small database and show you guys and then improve from there.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Maybe helpful or not, but what I do, is when looking for a new coral and how to take care of it, I sometimes go on LiveAquaria for their "for sale" frags. They usually have a blurb on lighting needs, feeding requirements, etc. They also have this kind of info for fish.

One more thing. As for as reef parms. More experience reefers usually use the basic parms to shoot for of good as Nitrate = 0, Salt = 1.025, Nitrite = 0, PH = 8.3 and calcium range from 380 to 450. Lighting is more subjective and also so is flow. Again, just ball park figures, but useful for most reef parms.

As far as supplements, that can also me subjective. Some reefers like to add supplements and others do not. Common supplements are Calcium, magnesium, strontium, iodine and there are more of them.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: