mikejrice

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common Name: Elegance, ridge coral

Difficulty Level: Elegance coral should be known as an expert only coral. Due to the unkown needs of these corals, they don?t typically fair well in captivity with the exception of some Australian species.

Feeding: They have one of the most aggressive prey capture and stinging abilities of all coral with the ability to even sting aptasia. Elegance will readily accept most meat based foods including pellets and will usually benefit substantially from it.

Lighting: Strong lighting is key to success.

Waterflow: Elegance is most often found in lower flow lagoon areas though they will often adapt to moderate flow levels if given time to adjust.

Placement: With a sting no coral can match, these corals require their space and will not be the one who suffers if met with another coral. They should be placed on the sand bed away from rocks to avoid damaging their flesh.

General: Elegance is one of those corals that?s truly best left in the wild. If you decide to try one, Australian specimens will almost always fair better in captivity

4e6f1e5216e5da4e5f9640eed43372ff.jpg
e6fcf7bf9f2aa8188e23bc57ecafabc4.jpg
557c41991c01dea31822566437437422.jpg
728ba5c31b15e0f85574bd20f02bb4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I haven't but that's what it looks like it's doing. I know some corals do both eggs/sperms and budding off. It would be interesting to see if that's what is going on, and the result would be a small elegance coral. I'm not sure how much of a rocky/skeleton base it would have.

mikejrice

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't but that's what it looks like it's doing. I know some corals do both eggs/sperms and budding off. It would be interesting to see if that's what is going on, and the result would be a small elegance coral. I'm not sure how much of a rocky/skeleton base it would have.
Sounds feasible. Picture a day would be neat to watch!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: