Joe_B

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody has a magic formula or recipe for getting Coralline Algea to grow; what's yours?

I'm trying new methods to grow my own live rock and was hoping for some input!!

One-Love,
Joe_B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try getting rid of it. Murphy's law will dictate that you end up with more than you started with.

Seriously, scrape some of it off the rocks you have, it grows back with a vengence for me. I use half a dozen urchins to do the scraping for me since I'm a lazy American.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Guy ]

North Bay 101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drip Kalkwasser, Drip, Drip, Drip

Thats all I needed to do. I have purple, pink and lime green coraline algae growing all over. Be patient and it will come.
icon_biggrin.gif

hectina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to dose with Strontium, and it started to die off. I added it, and the coraline grew back with a vengance. I noticed that iron has helped as well.

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I battled coralline for a long time...because I was too lazy to dose everything I needed to. Strontium, magnesium, etc, etc. Once I hooked up my CA reactor my coralline took off like never before. It is the lazy mans way to get good coralline growth. I am not saying a reactor is for everyone, but I travel and it sure does work for me!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: