D

dylanjs

I am thinking about using CPR overflow boxes to feed a sump 'cause my tank isn't drilled (and I am not going to in the near future).

Can anyone explain how they work? What's the air pump for? Is it better to use a powerhead with venturi?

Is there a better kind of overflow box to use altogether? Any deterrents?

Thanks!

sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I use one on my tank because mine is not drilled.I like it also because
it takes very little room inside the tank because is more streamed lined as
opposed to a standard overflow where you have this giant thing about 2-3 inches deep in your tank.
The pump is not an air pump but a mini water pump .Since the overflow is kind of flat-and even if it was a tube-it acummulates air in that top corner so the pump sucks out the air as well as water.
I really would not run this without the pump .Also theres a little filter
for this pump I never used but would recommend using it because this little pump is prone to clogging.

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a cpr overflow box as well.i think they are the best overflows on the market,i would highly recommend one to those who chose not to drill they tank.buy the water pump as well make starting up easy and stress free

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use this cpr with maxijet 1200 never have to do any thing i donot use prfilter all wtaer goes to my sack

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i use to have the cpr and it worked perfect. i had a tom aquarium aqua lift vacuum pump on it though instead of a power head and it worked wonders. it has two ports on it. one side has a tube that goes onto the nozzle of the actual U-pipe that sucks all the air out of it, and then the water into the pump. the other port has the water coming out of it like a drain that i just laid into the back of the overflow box. it worked perfect. then when the power went off, the pump turned off, so the siphon stops and no overflows all over the floor!

http://www.aquabuys.com/p/tom_aqua_lifter.html

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
If the CPR is not purchased, you really do not want to buy one. Go with the LifeReef mentioned above. Imagine, that you need a small pump, just to re-prime during a power outage. Why bother !!!
LifeReef overflows, will stay primed for years and years. That is the way to go....

I have had mine for years and it never lost prime....However, I have shut power weekly for maintenance. Isn't that what you are looking for ....

Good luck...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: