scavdog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, I basically just added 50 lbs of southdown to my 54 bowfront. Its a milky mess. I removed all rock and corals. left my gramma and marron clown in the tank..added sand and replaced most of the rock(the rest is in my 100 gallon prop tank)...
SHould I be worried? I think not...Its just scary S&*!
The stuff I left in there:
Maroon Clown, royal gramma, 2 banded shrimp, misc hermits and snails, green tree coral, misc mushrooms, 1 xenia....1 carpet anemone
icon_biggrin.gif

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: ScavDog ]

Kelp

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry, give it a couple of days (or less) and it should clear up. RUN YOUR SKIMMER.

GobieWanKenobie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read on the boards you have nothing to worry about. "Reef Storms" happen in nature frequently leaving particulates suspended in the water for a period of time. Run a mechanical filter to try and calm it down if you are nervous. I used an Aquaclear 300 on my Bowfront after adding sand (the one in my room, not my living room which is still bare bottom). The tank was crystal clear by about 10:00am the next day. Sounds like you have quite the setup going on over there!!

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries!
I have changed out the sand in many tanks, there is pretty much always a milky mess!
If you have a canister filter, you may want to clean that out after it clears. IF you have extra filters, stick those in. Your fish will live. It should look better in the morning, even better later on.
Good luck and best wishes
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep that skimmer running and increase surface tension. Those small particles will take up some available space normally used by o2. Plus the skimmer will skim a lot of that stuff out.

GL

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: