Rating - 100%
391   0   0
So I have been running SOL Blues on my 75 grow out tank, With pretty good success. I recently was at a fellow reefers house and he was running the SOL's with some retro T'5s and had some really nice colors going in the tank.

So the wheels started spinning! I had recently picked up a Icecap Ballast and some end caps in a tank breakdown I bought for some of the components. But was struggling on how I wanted to mount them.

Fast forward I from reading a few posts decided to make it out of 8020.

I say it came out very nice. I am eventually going to upgrade the 75 to a 80 rimless and the spread will work perfectly on a wider tank.

Overall dimensions are 48" x 18". I used 3 rails. The two outer rails hold the T5 bulbs (using Blue+) and the center rail holds the 2 Sol's.

Zip tied all the wires neat and tight and have them running on the Apex. (I did clean up the wires more after the pics)

Attachments

• T5.1.jpg
    T5.1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 302
  • T5.2.jpg
    T5.2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 409
  • T5.3.jpg
    T5.3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 298
  • T5.4.jpg
    T5.4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 419
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Yeah he helped me with the wireing and I bought the bulbs from him. I never used the ice caps before and wanted to make sure I wired them up correctly. Design was mine though.

Very pleased with how it came out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: