Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got the chemipure elite finally today.

I did a quick water change.. tried siphoning as much cyano as I could.

(Also, already start dosing Special Blend)

Anyway.. I lightly rinsed the chemipure elite, as the directions stated..

When I put the chemipure in.. and turned the pump on... the pump started shooting out this black stuff, and made the tank insanely cloudy.

I assume its carbon dust...?

I took out the chemipure and rinsed it some more, in RO/DI water again.

The tank is still severely cloudy.. and I noticed this black sediment all over my LR, substrate on top of my return flow nozzle..

Anything I can do?

I hope this isn't going to kill anything in the tank.. :-\..

Ugh.. so POed right now... feel like I just can't get anything right...

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dont worry its nothing harmful! Its just the finer particles from the chemipure - like you said 'dust'. It will go away nothing will be harmed.

Happened to me too when I put mine in. I just took out my handy dandy turkey baster and made it blow all over where the dust landed. Keep a turkey baster for your reef... so many uses for it. :)

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah.. definitely stopping by one tomorrow :)

And beerfish I'd love to give your brews a try haha..

(side note: one of my new favorite brews is Blue Point - Blueberry Ale, Bluepoint is a smaller type brewery thats out in LI.. I was planning on going on their brewery tour this summer, its supposed to be right down the road from my school haha)

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
The Bluepoint toasted lager is very good. If you live on Long Island, I would suggest checking out the brewery. It's pretty neat, in a nice little town. (And you can get growlers filled for around $12 :beer:)

As for the Special Blend- I had a tiny bit of cyano on one of my pieces of LR when I put it in my new tank, dosed Special Blend and it cleared right up. Be prepared for the smell though, it is really not pleasant.:grumpy:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: