autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
im about to recieve my d40!:birthday:...
i see they have some +1, +5,+10 lens cover that go on front of the regular lens...looks like it can take a pretty decent macro shot...costs like $20bucks on ebay...worth a try..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Emmanuel, many of the awesome shots you see are with lens that cost more than the camera itself. I started a thread like this a while back (only with a D40) and a Sigma 150mm and nikon 105m VR lens were two popular suggestions.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Emmanuel, many of the awesome shots you see are with lens that cost more than the camera itself. I started a thread like this a while back (only with a D40) and a Sigma 150mm and nikon 105m VR lens were two popular suggestions.
Thanks I read up on the sigma and it got great reviews from people who purchased it I just wish it was stabilized even though most of the time it would be used with a tripod. It sucks that this lens costs as much as my d60

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
jhale recommended the nikon 105mm I read up on it and cant find anything bad about it but even though I'll probably end up getting it $750 is a lot more than what I am looking to spend I see sigma has a 105mm macro lens for around $375 but it isnt image stabilized like the nikon I read that is does nothing for macro shots anyone using the sigma?

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was heading for b and h today for the nikkor 105mm micro lens I made it all the way to the train 1/2 block from my house and decided to call them and see if they had it in stock . They have 1 my next question is it busy in there today "Sunday is our busiest day" replied the guy I was talking to .I almost made it .Now I have to think about this $800 purchase long and hard again till I decide to head down there. A friend of mine who is into photography told me not to waste my money on that lens cause for 1/3 the money I can get a lens like a 55/200 that will also do macro .He is a canon guy and I saw lens on a canon that was around 50/200mm with macro but the macro shots weren't as good as my canon elf.
Anyway I played with my camera yesterday and the lens it came with and got some descent pics but I am getting a macro.

joemac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Imo

your better off with a 105mm

quote fom rockwell"60mm lenses aren't a great idea for serious macro use because you have to get the front of the lens closer than 2 inches (48mm) from your subject at the closest focus distance. Unless you're duplicating slides, you'll get in the way of your own light. Get a 105mm for serious macro use"

sorry widdy...

hey pm me les hang after the holidays

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
from what I gathered and I've been reading reviews all weekend the auto is nice to have but for extreme macro not necessary since youll be using a tripod and most likely taking your time... look at me giving advice on something I have no clue about lol!!! I'm getting the AF and vibration reduction

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
] A friend of mine who is into photography told me not to waste my money on that lens cause for 1/3 the money I can get a lens like a 55/200 that will also do macro .He is a canon guy and I saw lens on a canon that was around 50/200mm with macro but the macro shots weren't as good as my canon elf.

I have a Nikkor 28-80mm. The maro is at the 28mm focal length :(

I'm looking at the Tamron 90mm macro. I can't justify the extra cost of the Nikkor 105mm.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I hear you . I still didn't get it every time I log on to amazon I tell myself just go to B+H then I say its a PITA to go there especially during the holiday season and its about $50 cheaper on amazon (cause no tax) If you read the reviews the nikkor 105 is The lens to get just too expensive but I don't want to spend half the money for half the product
I have a Nikkor 28-80mm. The maro is at the 28mm focal length :(

I'm looking at the Tamron 90mm macro. I can't justify the extra cost of the Nikkor 105mm.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: