clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a FOWLR tank now, fairly stable, about 1000-1300lbs of live rock. Lit by 3 Radion pros gen3.
Stock:
Angels- Blue Ring, Emperor, Passer, Cream and Blue Face
Tangs- Vlamingi, Yellow, Doctor, Mata, 2xRS Sailfins, Lavender, Convict, Hippo
Wrasse - Lunare, Dusky
Rabbitfish - Gold Spot, Yellow Blotch, Magnificent
Triggers - Pinktail, Indian ocean
Sabre Squirrel, Snowflake Moray, 2x Heni's

About 800gal total system volume with an SRO ext8000 which is oversized for this tank.

Looking for suggestions, might not be possible but im thinking there has to be something out there these guys wont touch. The fish are very established, all are adults but still growing.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
He has listed 2x Heni's.

Most of the fish that you have most likely wouldn't bother any type of leather coral. The Angels and the Rabbit fish would most likely pick on Zoas and Mushrooms and fleshy corals, like Acans. You should also be OK with SPS and some soft corals, though the fish may pick at them. LPS are going to be hit or miss. Anemones probably will be OK, but there is always a chance that the Angels may pick at them.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Before people start suggesting corals, i think theres a few other things that need to be addressed....

#1 -- have you ever medicated the tank to treat diseases on your fish such as copper based medocations for ich.

#2 -- what are the dimensions of your tank? I know you said its lit by 3 g3 pros, but in your case with that size tank, im thinking youre going to need more light, especially if you want to try for sps.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Before people start suggesting corals, i think theres a few other things that need to be addressed....

#1 -- have you ever medicated the tank to treat diseases on your fish such as copper based medocations for ich.

Copper has never been in this tank. I medicate with Hypo. I did use prazipro once.

#2 -- what are the dimensions of your tank? I know you said its lit by 3 g3 pros, but in your case with that size tank, im thinking youre going to need more light, especially if you want to try for sps.

the tank is about 96x36Hx52

Not sure how this thread got resurrected but I gave up on corals and got about a dozen butterfly fish so sps and pretty much anything else is out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: