CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hi all. I recently switched from dosing bionic to BRS 2 part manly cuz it's cheaper but I noticed that I had to increase my dosage.
With bionic I was dosing 30ml/day to keep my dkh around 9.5. I went on vacation for a week and my dkh went down to 8.5 while dosing BRS. I increased dosing to about 40ml/day to try and bring it up over the next few days. Ca I'm still using what bionic i have left so levels are good.

My question is... Is this expected when changing products like 2 part? Is one more concentrated than the other? And if so should I expect the same results when I switch to the calcium dosing from BRS.

My tank is 75g sps dominated I also dose kalk thru ato

Thanks

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yes, brs is less concentrated then esv.

In my eyes its really not worth the savings since you have to dose more, + you will have to dose magnesium separate.

Bionic - 2 part - magnesium is in it.

Brs - 3 part

Just seemed like more work to me. My 70 gallon Sps tank was consuming 70 ml of each per day, when I switched to brs for roughly a month I was dosing like 120 to achieve the same results plus having to worry about magnesium. Just buy the esv from manhattan aquariums when they do their discounts and its not to bad.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: