miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi
I have 75dt....with 85g sw volume....a mixed reef
I've been dosing kent tech cb part a&b for a month now...
Like 15-20ml daily.

Today I tested with api....dkh is 7, ca is 460.

Which of the kent marine tech cb should I reduce ?....since ca is fine, but alk can reach 8dkh....

I think I should reduce or stop the tech cb partb ....right?

Or do both parts a&b, always go together...in equal portions?...since ionically balanced.?

Btw, I just started adding kalk to top off ro water too.
Pls advice! Thanks?

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Sounds like u need to slow down. What do u have for coral in the tank? Sounds like your Params are near good.1470 mg is deff a little on the high side. Should be in the 1250-1350 range. If your are now dosing kalk, that's going to raise or keep everything steady. If your not going to test everyday I would be careful. Now that your adding kalk into the mix of things

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
using a new api ca,alk(dkh) testkit.....is api fairly accurate?

My salifert mg kit was 8 mo after expiry, so wonder if 1470 is accurate.

What consumes mg?

I have some of each:sps,lps, softies,zoa,clam.....a 20 fuge (macro)....skimmer, running rowa& carbon.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I use all Salifert. Get yourself the whole gammet of brand new Salifert kits.

PH
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Magnesium
Alkalinity
Calcium

Start testing all your levels and as stated before by seeing each day how much your cal/alk/magnesium drop you can figure out your correct dose each day.

Unless you have a Hanna photometer don't bother with Phosphate testing but once in a while to make sure they never get high enough to register on home test kits- you'll never get an accurate read, it'll say they're 0 when they're not.

This way you'll know all your test kits are as accurate as they can be and you'l be able to keep everything in balance with each other.

Remember more is not always better, especially if the others are spot on and one is way high or low, you need that balance of everything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: