Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
As I progress in this hobby, there are so many things to learn.

In the beginning I purchased a bunch of the commercial chemicals (Purple Up- Calc & the Kent line of products for alkanity, and magnesium), yea I know I was a noob and these products aren't good or effective. Now with the bottles running out soon & with my sump/ skimmer in play, my tank has stabilized day by day. I started to see some coraline algae on my glass, my powerheads, my rocks along with the hundreds of white dots that are probably pods. :birthday:

Well, I just got myself an JBJ ATO and will be using a spare 5G tank to hold RO/DI FW which will be filled into the sump once a certain level reaches. My next experience is to learn about all the different kinds of dosing everyone uses here. As you may know, this hobby is expensive - I want to do the best dosing at the most cost effective way. Instead of using the liquid commercial products which are probably very diluted - you may all chime in on your experiences and ways on how to supplement calcium, strontium, carbonate, and occasionally magnesium to your tanks.

Please be as descriptive as you can - I'm really new to this.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
yup powdered/salt form. mix with ro/di, not at the normal quantities though. Usually I mix them a little thinner so i can just use em for daily top off water and be able to maintain the levels.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: