Jus4pd11417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is not drilled Can I drop the water level considerably and putting holes in the tank I do feel comfortable making holes. I have experience with cutting and putting holes in glass, but would the possibility of introducing glass particles and cutting media to the tank make this a no-no? If I were to do this would I need to transfer all tank contents over to a holding tank first, even my rock and sand?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i would drain it completely. i wouldn't worry about glass dust, as your drilling from outside. put a rag on the inside to catch any dust when it breaks thru.

QueensRob

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Look at the pic and see I used a cup as a dam with some silicone around the bottom also to know if its tempered, look at it through some 3D glasses that you get at the movies and you should see some crossing lines in the glass. There is a youtube video on this.

Attachments

• 20140208_165020.jpg
    20140208_165020.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 99

Jus4pd11417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! Great to know

I am looking into getting a bigger tank now a guy in MR says he has a few tanks available that are rr w/stand gonna take a stab I guess it requires the same me draining my entire tank and removing sand rock and all my marine life

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: