mags1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this brainstorm to build my own protein skimmer. It would be for a 55 gallon tank that is not drilled. I would appreciate any and all tips and ideas.
Is it worth the headache?
icon_biggrin.gif

mtellin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snailman on reefcentral.com has a very good design for one, its in the diy section on the board, its an airstone driven one
HTH

Mike

Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of my research for my DIY skimmer on ozreef.org. Ton's of links in the DIY section for that topic. I'm glad I built mine, as it gave me good practice for building a lot of other things with Acrylic, but it was a lot of time and money on something that doesn't skim too well. If you're just looking for a good HOB skimmer for your tank, that doesn't give you a headache, go buy one.

- Mac

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kipreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to make one for my 90 actually i did. But it doesnt work as effectively as many store bought ones and it costed me about 200 dollars after all the prototypes and pieces of crap. I kind of wish bought one now but it wouldnt have been as much fun.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: