• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkoola1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - I am looking into investing into Led lights and came across a great deal on the Ecoxotic panorama and blue light strips. I am looking at install two panorama strips and 2 of their blue light bars. Has anyone had them running in their tank or are they worth spending any money and time on putting them in the tank. I am looking at them to be my only light source for corals thanks. Thanks

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I had 3 Panoramas in a 12g cube as the main lighting and they are okay for fish and light coral keeping like softies, zoanthids, some LPS.
It doesn't put out enough light for any kind of SPS keeping, they are 1 watt emitters.
HTH

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Agreed.

It depends on the dimensions of your tank. If it's deep, they won't put out enough light to penetrate very far. They will grow SPS (they did in my 50g) but only at the very top of the tank, and not the "more difficult" species.

Also, their spread isn't great. So if you have a long/wide tank, you'd need a lot of them, which becomes not at all cost effective.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: