nick

Softcoralreefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I wanted to see if anyone had this filter on their reef tank? Also how long do you guys leave it running? 24/7? And how often do you clean out those cartridges that come with it. I have replace the charcoal with that eheim ehfisubstrat rock stuff. Wasnt sure if you just rinse it off every 3-4 weeks and put back in?

nick

Softcoralreefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
what would you suggest for me to transfer over to? A sump? I do have an old 20 gallon tank with some minor cracks that i guess i could try to convert into one? would this be good enough? what do you use?

enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to have 2 of them on my 90 gallon for 1.5 years with no problems , i took the bio wheels off and covered the spraybars with filter pads to make the water trickle off it and not spray and just used them to filter and water movement.Ended up being a pain to cut filter pads for the grey tray things every few weeks.

nick

Softcoralreefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea i have been using this filter for about 5 years now with no problem. My tanks chemistry has been good everything at 0. I do 25% water change about every 2-3 weeks. To tell you the truth i havent change the cartridges or the bio wheels since i got the thing. All i did was add that Eheim substrat in all 4 cartridges.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: