kleinfreak

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oi,
I'm looking for a new powerheads for my 55. I would like to find a good quality reasonably quiet 4 suction cup style powerhead to mount up in the corner. I have recently drained and drilled my tank and am looking to rebuild. (was African, going Reef) I have 2 Penguin (550, 1140) in my 30 but I don't really like the way those mount. They sorta just hang on there. Any suggestions. I tried the Equipment section, but it's locked on the forum.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Equipment section is an Archive forum, that's why it's locked ;)

I am a big Maxijet fan. I'd go with two MJ 1200 or 900's for your tank. It's a 3 suction design, but it holds securing, is quiet, and most importantly is reliable.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOnt Maxi jets, or any submersibles,add a few degrees to your tank??

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
panmanmatt":16qqxjdy said:
i secong the Maxijets. Iam currently running 2 1200s and a 400 with no increase in temp at all.

How big is your tank?? I have a friend who has a 55 gal and he thinks his 2 maxis add a few degrees to his tank. I have heard of submersibles being likened to heaters that are on all the time

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
supaboy1981":2uvu0zsu said:
DOnt Maxi jets, or any submersibles,add a few degrees to your tank??

Ya, they definitely add hit, but it's usually isn't anything significant that fans can't counteract. External pumps are better, especially those with isolated impellars from the motor, but that's not a possibility for most people.

cdeakle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MaxiJet baby!

They rock!

I HATE RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

panmanmatt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?? I have a friend who has a 55 gal and he thinks his 2 maxis add a few degrees to his tank. I have heard of submersibles being likened to heaters that are on all the time

I am currently running the 2 1200 on my 60 gallon and the 400 on my 11 gallon nano. The 1200s add about 1 degree to the tank temp so it was my mistake in saying no heat at all. IMO 1 degree isn't much at all. The tank stays at 78-79 F all the time. As for the nano it is constant at the same temp but the 400 has been in there since i set it up so i wouldn't really notice if the temp is different withou it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: