flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Is anyone using this method?
i have been reading as much as i can, and am looking into the pro's and con's

the reason i am looking into this method is for a substitute to using a cal reactor for the propagation troughs, home system and frag tank. it looks pretty simple but i could be wrong lol it has happen lol

thanks in advance
rick

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Mshur using it you can pm him to find out the pros and cons . I heard good thing about it but kind of expensive for the balling light like $100 for all salts and additives not including the mag additive thats and extra $33 and thats only for making a 1 gallon solution each salt mix.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i know Mike is using it i have already picked his brain lol. i was just seeing if anyone else was and to post the pros and cons.

i dont have a problem with mag YET lol, but cal and alk are always fluctuating so just trying to minimize the fluctuations a bit.

i have looked into the price and have weighed it out. i just like that it also adds other trace elements with out having to remember if i did it already lol.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Heard great things about their products. But in reading their RC forum, it seems like US distributors always has issues getting their products cleared by customs. There's posts by people waiting up to 2 months for their salts. If you know of a reliable source, please do share ;)

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Heard great things about their products. But in reading their RC forum, it seems like US distributors always has issues getting their products cleared by customs. There's posts by people waiting up to 2 months for their salts. If you know of a reliable source, please do share ;)

i know of a place that has the salts..... but the last batches were going to a different building in canada which delayed the orders. i have been following closely lol.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
i know of a place that has the salts..... but the last batches were going to a different building in canada which delayed the orders. i have been following closely lol.

Cool. In speaking to Claude at MACNA, he indicated he was going to try to expand his distribution in the US. Hope that happens, I was going to order from Progressive Reefs in Canada, but put it off until I finish up my 2 part. If you have a local source and don't mind sharing, my PM box and I are all ears ;)

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
ok so now that we know were to get it lol.

i would like to ask boomer what do you think of this method?
do you see any flaws in it
pros and cons

thank you
rick

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: