• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shark32

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all,
I just added a small piece of live rock to my tank yesterday and today I noticed it has many featherduster like things living in there. They are red, blue, green, brown and black. Could they be the Christmas Tree worms or could they just be different color feather dusters? My concern is the Christmas tree worms need special care and I want them to have it if that's what they are. The piece of rock they are living in is not live coral however. I posted a couple of pics if anyone can shed some light...Thanks!!
IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I think you should leave them alone and get your phosphates and nutrient level down. you have hair alage on every rock I see in that picture. Use peroxide 1ml per 10 gallons and get some gfo if you are already running gfo time to change for a frsh batch. Just saying.

shark32

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the record, my phosphates ,are way down under .04 and my trAtes are between .5 and .10...I also run gfo and gac...I have been battling GHA for a few months and my situation is improving, albeit slowly...thanks for the advice...

Thanks for the advice about the worms...:)

The_Robert_Loo

Seeker of rare Yumas
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
In terms of special care is concerned they essentially just need a feeding of particle food here and there (which could be just some mashed up mysis). I've had mine for 3 years already surviving with just daily feedings to my fish.

shark32

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool...thanks The Robert Loo...I hope they survive, I did not intentionally buy them, so to get them was was real treat...I feed the tank mysis shrimp and clams so maybe they will get some of that..Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: