SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great packaging! Everything was labeled so handing out everything was easy. The frags I got were pretty nice, especially the Tizardi. It had many branches. He gave free frags for each one of us. Overall, a good experience.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Steve,

It was great to meet everyone and was also nice of you to host us for a few hours - donuts, soda, chips pizza, man, what a feast. The mexican turbo is going to town on my tank already :)

Seriously, though, it was really nice of you to set this up and to deal with the hassle of Fedex running behind schedule. Nick, I like your approach to getting them there and thanks for the digi frags, don't forget to call me about the open green brain.

My frags are all nice and healthy, all mounted real well and opened up already - green cap with purple edge looks sweet under my halides and I can't really tell what the freebie was, but it is a large one.

One good thing came of it, though, my pink with green millepora broke during shipping and all the pieces were mounted - as soon as that stuff grows out, anyone is welcome to some.

Last group order with Patrick I coordinated and while it was nice to not have to manage everyones stuff, I am still impressed with Patricks professionalism, response and contact and general business demeanor. I like working with him and will continue to do so.

Peace

Jim

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far everything looks great.
I'll post some pictures later when the lights come on.
I think the freebee I got is the
peach with yellow tip millepora, or the
orange digitata not sure.

Thanks again.
Don

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just Posted pics of my tank and the frags we got yesterday over in the Photo gallery if any one is interested. Like I've said my humble beginings.

Don

S

Stix

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. This was a most pleasurable experience. I didn't have time to acclimate mine yesterday because I had to rush out and didn't come back until today. I was a little worried that they might not be doing well because I didn't acclimate but they look amazing! The blue millepora is the brightest blue I've ever seen. It's almost Neon. Thumbs up to SPSfrags.com.
-Nick

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
great group buy steve, thanks for having us all over and providing us with food and drinks it was way more then you had to dd, You even gave frags to everyone
thumb.gif

Im happy with my frags from SPS they are all
doing well.

It was great meeting everyone, hopefully we can do it again soon.

thumbs up to SPSfrags and thumbs up for steve.

Fedex
banghead.gif

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hi All,

Yep all the stuff is doing great! Thank you all for the frags. My freebee frag was one of the huge pieces of the Army Green cap.
Thumbs up for SPSfrags!

peter

[ September 15, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: pmui ]

zhangg3

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It could be that I didn't get home until after 6pm. The Green w/Purple Cap does not look anywhere near colorful as on the website. But the orange cap is pretty nice. So at least it's 50/50. Did anyone else got the Green w/Purple Cap? I wonder how it looks in your tank.

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
zhangg, green and purples are colors that depend a lot on your lighting. What lighting do you have it under? And doesn anyone know what lighting Patrick's tank uses?
-Nick

A

attaboy

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi Everyone!

Steve sent me the link and asked that I give you some info on the green w/purple cap. The lighting it's under are 400 watt halides with Actinic supplementation. It's down towards the very bottom of my tank because in my experience it doesn't prefer the most intense light.

A couple of interesting things about this particular cap. It's green color is VERY sensitive to lighting changes. My colonies lose the green whenever I change bulbs and it takes about 6 weeks for me to get it back.

The key to keeping the color is the "right" spectrum of light. It really likes more blue so if you can get a 10k w/ actinic you'll get that screaming green color.

Best of luck!

Patrick

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Patrick,

I have mine about 18 inches below a 250 10k bulb and I am getting a decent color purple, but the green is more like a brown/orange - I only have 50/50 PC's and will be getting a blue actinic only bulb soon. I'll see what this does to the color

Do you think I should relocate it depending on how close mine is to the light?

Let me know what you think.

Jim

A

attaboy

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jim,

My guess would be that the 50/50's aren't hitting the right spectrum. I'd try going actinic like you mentioned. I've seen people on Reef Central have better color than mine and they used VHO actinic. PC's should certainly get it color and away from brown though.

Patrick

A

attaboy

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Never actually tried 250's with it. Probably 8" or so and maybe getting more direct actinic light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: