I've posted diagrams and notes and such here:
http://nano.mootech.net

Thanks!
Jessica

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a nice setup. If you are going to build to your own specs, you might as well use all acrylic. You will be already be working with it, so why change to wood for one side? The tank is small enough that an extra piece of acrylic won't be that much- and you might even be able to find a scrap at the plastic store that's big enough.

I would definately go with one tank with a divider. You can put a piece of wood trim in front to cover the edge view of the divider, so it will still look like two tanks.

I really like the water change container. Really, really like the water change container idea. But just having it dump into the sump will surely make a mess. I would drill and put a simple ball valve on the side of the change container, that has a hosebarb and a piece of vinyl tubing on it. That way you can turn off the power, let the water settle, and then shut the valve and move the water change container. The hose will stop the water from splashing aroundwhen it dumps inot the sump, and stop some of the salt spray.

HTH
Brett

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: