Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers! this is my first post ever in any type of forum. lets me start by telling you what i have and what i have done so far.
equiptment:
tank- is a 90 gallon DSA
sump- is a custom 40 gallon acrylic
light- vertex illumina sr260 2ft led fixture
skimmer- reef octopus...
flow- 4 tunze 6085 with 7095 controller
return pump- Iwaki MD- 30RXT
apex controller- lab grade ph probe
ro/di- 75gpd brs 5 stage
reactors- i have two single reactors with 2 mj1200 pumps for running carbon and gfo
calcium reactor- used not hooked up yet aqua c rx1 with arm and co2/ solenoid
korallin biodenitrator s3002- used not hooked up yet
heaters- 2 hmo-300 finnex heaters
auto top off- tunze 3155

I just plumbed the tank and am cycling 60 lbs dead rock with a small piece of live rock i brought back from mexico that just have a few spots of coralline

I just ordered 30 lbs of GMP Premium rock from liverocknreef.com its from Tangarang Indonesia. rock should be here in a few days. super expensive

i ordered alot of water testing equipment today from brs including hanna checkers alk and phos....

i plan on a mixed tank mainly sps and lps

i have no idea what my nitrate, ammonia, nitrite levels are yet (no testing equipt yet) my specific gravity is correct and i am running my skimmer and carbon reactors currently and a filter sock. rocks are just bathing out no aquascaping yet.

i look forward to sharing my experiece with you guys! its been alot of fun. so far lots of research. i don't know anyone with a reef tank except for this sketchy coral dealer on craigslist i met yesterday in china town, he calls himself Coral Chang lol and this ******* used equipment liquidator in NJ called Rick. so i hope you guys could be my jimmity crickets. thanks in advance for any help, advice, coral....

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 299
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 289
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 290
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 288
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: