frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi what do you guys think yellow tang, true percula clownfish mated pair, powered blue tang, blue tang chromis blue green. Any suggestions on list want yellow tang, like both blue tang powered blue tang app say no issues with fishes but I'm not shore if it is accurate hard to decide on type of fish any book out there on saltwater fish I google a lot thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What size tank? Blue tangs get pretty big, not sure which blue tang you are referring to. The Atlantic or Hippo, but they both get large. Powder blues are one of the more aggressive tangs and are more delicate when it comes to ich. You will definitely want to QT all these fish.

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaa1456 tank size changed from 150 gallon now thinking of 180 or 200 gallon tank. I was using saltwater fish app on my android phone down side to app not to much pictures of fish. Want to make a color full tank, app also shows pic of firefish, can't decide, and want to mix fish size if it is ok don't want all large fish. Medium and small mixed, can this be done. Thanks

Reef_Paddy

Always Thinkering
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
In my previous tank (It was a 180G), I had 2 pairs of clown fish (a pair of black and white and your standard orange and white), a yellow tank, a hippo tank, a sailfin tang, 5 chromis, 3 lyretail anthias (one of my favorites) and a coral beauty. Granted all 3 tangs were small in size when I got them and they were rehoused to larger tanks when I had to break down my tank and move to the US. All got on very well and I had no aggression in the tank with a great mix of color.

If adding tangs over a period of time there are ways to introduce new fish into the tank to lesson issues over territory, sometimes a rescape is all that is needed or using a mirror works well too.

I found looking at sites that sell fish online (liveaquaria for example) gives you an idea of what is out there and then researching their compatibility with other fish/corals etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: