dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
hey guys i had 3 clown fish in my tank and one day i notice i only have 2 left. i checked my overflow and filter sock to make sure he wasnt there but nothing. would my pistol shrimp eat him if he suddenly died? i know he was being picked on for a lil while from the other 2 clowns in the tank but i thought it was just that dominiation stage they were going through. i guess not? he's been missing for 3 days now.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
ahhhhhh. i hope hes still hiding somewhere but 3 days? dont wanna have my hopes up but at the same time i search for him everyday. i'll scoop him out of he' still alive and put him in my sump if i have to.

my tank is a 50 gallon tank and they were all introduced together. they were fine for almost a year but recently been going crazy in the tank.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
wish i would have known. i thought they can all live in harmony... if i do see him alive i'll definitely scoop him out and place him in the sump if not then there's nothing i can do. thanks guys!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Unless you have a large clean up crew, it takes them a while to completely eat away the body from a dead fish (assuming he met his demise).

Have you checked your ammonia level to see if he is in your tank rotting?

Often when fish die in a tank, they get stuck inside of the rock-work. You might try pointing a powerhead toward the openings in your aquascaping and see if you can dislodge the body so he doesn't spike your parameters.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
Unless you have a large clean up crew, it takes them a while to completely eat away the body from a dead fish (assuming he met his demise).

Have you checked your ammonia level to see if he is in your tank rotting?

Often when fish die in a tank, they get stuck inside of the rock-work. You might try pointing a powerhead toward the openings in your aquascaping and see if you can dislodge the body so he doesn't spike your parameters.

another fun thing to look forward to tonight... i appreciate the help everyone hopefully i'll get good news tonight...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: