Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just found this on a plug that I picked up at the frag swap. At first I thought it was a flatworm, but now I'm thinking sea hare. Anyone know? I'm trying to decide if I should remove it or not ASAP!

Attachments

• IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 118

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
yea flat worms are not that big nor do they have a face with wiskers.. lol.. but better to be safe and ask than to get an infestation, make sure you have some macro or algea for him to munch on or he will starve to death..

Yea, I had a much larger one that I picked up a while ago to combat a hair algae problem I was having at the time. That one committed suicide in my MP10. Luckily I was home at the time and pulled it out before it polluted my tank. This one is MUCH smaller, but HUGE compared to planaria. When I first saw it I had grabbed the frag plug to move it & the sea hare flattened itself. Now that I have watched it move around I am 100% sure it is a sea hare (whew-now I'll be able to sleep tonight. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMAG0366.jpg
    IMAG0366.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 104

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
it may still wander onto the mp10 but being this small, it probably won't ink your tank to a point of turning it pink/lavender.
yes i did have one stuck to the koralia and turn a 45 gal. completely pink/lavender. i immediately shut off the power head, dislodged it and ran a fluval 405 with carbon. it cleared up in a few hours...didn't lose anything except for "shrek...the seahare" :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: