Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a saltwater blog however I have a flowerhorn I have had him for about 4 year. My light went out and with work and my son it take about 1 week to get a new i put feeder fish in and has not even touh them . Now it's been about four days and he is just swimming facing down what to do?

Sent from my iPod touch using Reefs

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I know this is a saltwater blog however I have a flowerhorn I have had him for about 4 year. My light went out and with work and my son it take about 1 week to get a new i put feeder fish in and has not even touh them . Now it's been about four days and he is just swimming facing down what to do?

wtf is this guy trying to say lol

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0

translation:
I know this is a saltwater blog however I have a flowerhorn (a freshwater fish). I've have had him for about 4 years. My lights went out but between work and my son, it takes about 1 week to feed it another feeder fish in the tank but the feeders aren't even eaten. Now it's been about four days and he is just swimming facing down. What do I do?

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
"Bouyancy problems. This is often called Swim Bladder Disease or flipover, however I prefer to call it buoyancy problems--the fish isn't able to control his or her position in the water. Why call it buoyancy problems? Because there is more than one cause and sometimes it's not the swim bladder messing up, but gas in the gastrointestinal tract that causes the flipping. Buoyancy problems may be transient (food-related gas, or inflammation from an infection) or permanent (malformed swim bladder, compression of the swim bladder, or damage to the mechanisms for controlling gas pressure in the swim bladder) or can be from tumors or cysts in the abdominal cavity."

Full article can be found here

2004turbo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would suggest a fw specific forum, ideally one focused on FH's. I know there's at least one, I used to have 2 FH's and found one. Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: