EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess Frank is in RC. I don't know his email, as I don't do RC. I have never heard of lions angler fishing, and wondered if he would give some input. Can anyone give me his email if he doesn't come here ?

FMarini

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HiEmily:
thanks for the email -to me lionfish questions are just as good as breeding ones.
I do spend the majority of my time at RC and I'm sorry you don't do RC, but if you so desire i have a captive breeding forum "over there" and your more than welcome to post in it. It gets my attention via emails.

First up your doing a great job w/ the dwarf lion, its looks very healthy, and I assume your still feeding is live ghost srimp?

So you post a very interesting observation ( i also saw the movie), and honestly i have never seem this before. Actually i have seldom seen mucus or saliva dripping from a lions mouth, do you really think hes hunting "pods" or sand infauna? do you have lots of mysid shrimp in the tank? Have you noticed it before

I actually went thru a few of my texts and did not find any info on any scorpion using a tool to hunt, so you got me on this one. Very clever on the fishes part if hes really hunting w/ a lure.
i say time to write up a short take for you AAOL

I appreciate the question
frank

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your reply Frank :)

He did this in actinic light after a previous "light feeding" i.e. one ghost...no pods in the tank really, there is a puffer in there. :wink: So I would say sandbed infauna at this point.

We caught it quite by accident, and it did go on for some time. I will definitely be watching him more, as he tends to stick to the same rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: