Wilhelm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have read that food soaked in garlic can help fish increase their immune systems. Does that mean garlic powder or crushed fresh garlic? Also, what kinds of foods: frozen brine or mysis shrimp, pellet food, flake food in a crushed garlic and water mixture? And should this be done daily, weekly, monthly?

This forum and M R have been extremely helpful as a fountain of knowledge for all us newbies. A lot of stuff not covered in books can be found here in the day to day experiences of the long-term marine tank keepers. Thanks, in advance for your help.

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
forget all that expensive crap.. no offenses fellas..

go get minched garlic in oil at the supermarket for $2.50

pour it on Nori (seaweed they wrap sushi in from japanese deli) same seaweed you buy in pet stores.. only difference you spend 8$ for 50 sheets.

then pour the garlic oil on the seaweed. let soak for 30 mins. then hang seaweed by clip. thats it.

you can also pour garlic straight in to your system. i go by the guidline 1 drop per 10 gallons.

you can also pour a spoonfull on the frozen food and let it mix and melt. i add garlic every other day when i feed.

i beleive in this more than ANYTHING anyone recommends.. for fish health and disease.

have tried it all..

lower salinity.. no go
kick ich.. no go
UV .. no go
copper.. no go
various amounts of medications and other crap.. no go..
etc. no go..

i have used it ALL. This is the only thing i find works.

*** This is in my opinion only ***

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
OH NO DOUBT duke.. im sure it is.. but the great thing about that minced garlic.. is .. when the bottle runs out.. i refill with RO water.. shake up.. and use again... ive used the same garlic bottle for 2 years. for $2.50 and works the same.. in my opinion of course... becasue i have used GE too.. and it works the same for me.. plus. cheaper too and reusable. but.. to each their own!

wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i use kent extreme garlic. it works very well. with it mixed with frozen food and selcon, my tangs dont get ich when they are introduced. have had it for about 8 months and only half bottle is gone. i use it almost everyday.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: