Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey guys..

Recently bought Coraffix gel to glue down some frags.

One of my red mushrooms fell of its plug, so I glued it down to some LR. Seems to be doing fine.

I was wondering if its alright to do the same with Zoanthid or Paly frags?

I was told by one member that I could snip off the "stems" of each plug, just leaving a flat base so I could glue it down to some LR.

Thoughts, comments, advice? :scratchch

Thanks!

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I hate plugs and discs. I keep a bucket of live rock rubble around so that I can glue frags to the rubble. The only issue with attaching coral to rock is that it's not flat, and is usually more porous, so requires a bit more glue and a little more finesse. I just think it looks more natural.

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Available at Home Depot...
Item_516.jpg

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I hate plugs and discs. I keep a bucket of live rock rubble around so that I can glue frags to the rubble. The only issue with attaching coral to rock is that it's not flat, and is usually more porous, so requires a bit more glue and a little more finesse. I just think it looks more natural.
Great idea, as long as that rubble sits in the water...otherwise, when the rocks hit the water, they do cycle a little bit...

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah.. I know about loctite already.. thanks Chrad.. but I got the coraffix for free lol.

imho-corafix is too watery, but that's just me. And the loctite is only like $4.

Gluing shrooms is kinda tricky- i just let them settle on the rubble until they pick a rock to settle on. Whenever I tried to glue them, they were like "F U MAN" and just slimed up and floated away, only to settle on another rock anyway, so now I just save the glue and let them find their own rock...or shell...or plug.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: