2poor2reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ordered gsp once, from flying fish express, and they were healthy. As long as they are healthy you'll never have to order the again, right?

Jrsydevi1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious.. would you consider these very bright green? No color enhancements were made to the photo.. I got this tiny frag from a LFS for $10..
gsp.jpg

There were only about 6 polyps open in the LFS, after a few days, though it started to bloom nicely.. it is almost always open now..

ReefQuest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fragged mine. I'de be glad to work something out if you are interested. Here is a pic. They are bright green.

gsp.jpg

Regards,
Chris

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: ReefQuest ]

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very easy man!!

i had mine under NO's now i have them under VHO's. basically about any lighting from what i can tell. doesn't ahve to be very strong

later
Lunchbucket

out

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, Those are exactly what I've been looking for. Where did you get them? Actually even better, If you have fairly decent sized frag/frags you'd want to sell me, what's your e-mail?

ReefQuest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the colony years ago. I just fragged it yesterday, so I have plenty. Email me at [email protected] Of course, take the NoSpam out of the address...

Chris

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: ReefQuest ]

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got mine thru petwarehouse.com but anyone has them like anchofish.com is another one. Just get the kind called "metallic green star polyps".

troyrb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefQuest: How do you attach your frags to the rock? I also have a large star pulp colony that is growing like mad and I cut a peace off and rubberbanded it to a small rock. It has been about three weeks and it is not really attaching to the rock yet and the pulps and now wrapped around the rubberband. Is this the right way to frag them? How long does it take them to attach? Thanks

bferris01

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ReefQuest,

Not to but in your post here, but would you have any of these left? I would like to buy/trade a frag of the green star polys. I am in WV about 1 hour from Baltimore/Washington DC

[email protected]

out

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys noticed there seems to be two different kinds, The wavy, grass-like one's Reefquest has and the seperate, flower like one's Jrsydevi1 has. Both are cool, but I would like the kind that is Like REEFQUEST'S. Does anyone know a surefire place to order this kind, or are they the same and you just have to wait for the others to grow out?

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 pics above are the same kind, except one might be green and the other metallic green. Mine kind of shorten up and get stiff when i have my lights on. when the aquaria lights go off and all i have is the room incadescent bulb on, they get long and loose and wave around more.

ReefQuest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of ways to attach polyps and you certainly are using one of them. I prefer to simply glue a strip of polyps to a rock using a form of super glue gel. I use as little glue as possible on the edges to hold it down. Then, as soon as I get the polyps in the glue, I submerge the rock into the water to keep the glue from burning the tissue as it seals. (The glue heats as it dries.)

HTH,
Chris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: