twelvejewelz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my ten gallon nano i run chmipure elte,phosban and carbon, long with a fuge growing heato and my tank has never looked better its actually looking amaing.do not use phosguard and i cant stress that enough!

IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
WOW Thanks for the heads up on PhosGaurd.:Yikes: I am definitely going to go with the Phosban. I have a bit of cheato in my tank right now, I have been using it awhile and haven't really seen much difference as far a my nitrates go, but hey it cant hurt to have it.
I actually found an interesting atricle on all the tests that were done using PhosGaurd..http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2003/chem.htm

kool-cat

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
In my experience of using oceanic salt in the past. I noticed I got growth of diatoms, cyano bacteria, red and green hair algae. Your distilled water might be distilled using copper pipes, this can cause coral death.
Scarlet Hermits help against hair algae. Golf ball turbos also help but do not live long in warm waters. Keep pulling those hair algaes and try not to give up. I've heard some people recommend sea hairs, but if your tank is too small you need to find a new home for it. Regular weekly water changes should also help.

IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I went ahead ad order the Phosban reactor. I have high hopes. I am suppost to get it in at most 6 days. I cant wait for it to get here. Even if it dosent take care of all the algae, I would be happy to see a reduction in growth.
I added some more cheato to the tank as well to see if that helps.
What brand of sea salt is reccommeded?

reef93

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMHO, I won't waste money on phos reactor unless money not factor. I'll invest the money on RODI. When I had my 20gallon with weekly water change I never had any algae issue and not running skimmer either.

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
my hair algae problem was caused by sunlight was hitting the tank.

My apt. is facing the south and the tank was 14 feet away and the late afternoon sun would directly hit it. Closed the shades when we aren't in the place and took some rock out to scrub it off and I haven't seen any new growth in a week and starting to see reduction

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: