oakleyguy89

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been awhile since i've had a reef aquarium and I would like to start up one again since I miss the hobby so much. Anyways I used to have a reef tank for a couple years when I was about 15 yearsold and I had to move and so I had to get rid of it :( It was a 55gal rectangle glass tank with 440watt VHOs and had about 180lbs of live rock. We mostly kept soft corals and a plate coral but thats about it since we didnt have any Metal Hallides or anything powerful enough to keep many hard corals. Anyways, 6 years later and I want to get back into the hobby that i missed so much and enjoyed so much. Im pretty much living on my own with my wife and I want to setup a 10-20 gal tank. I remember back then I heard its hard to take care of smaller tanks and since its been a while would it still be much harder? Im thinking more along the lines of a 20gal just so I dont have to mess with the salinity every 12 hours. Does anyone know of a dealer that sells kits that include good lighting with a 20 gal? Like Power compacts or Metal hallides that come with the tank? Thanks for your input everyone. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: