DylanG

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I live in Nevada, but I have family in Armonk! I have been a member on reef2reef for while and I currently have a 90 gallon reef. I built my stand, canopy, sump, and did all the plumbing myself, but I am looking to tear my tank down and relocate all my livestock to a 55 gallon tank (I'm moving and need a smaller set up).

Anyway, I was searching google images for DIY tank stands and found a thread from bueller on this site from September of 2008. He built a gorgeous stand for a 46 gallon bowfront and I would like to get in touch with him and other DIY wood working/reef enthusiasts to share plans, pictures and stories! :smile:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
bueller is now in your neck of the woods. IIRC he's in Arizona.

FYI, I would avoid the 55g tank. IMO it is the worst footprint of any mass produced tank....at least for a reef tank. Check out a 65g or a 40g breeder. Both would be better than a 55g.

BTW, welcome to MR.

Trump

ReefO'
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't know the footprint of the 55 you would like to get... tall, long, bow etc. I have a 55 tall that I drilled 3 holes in the top back, added bulkheads and it?s great. I have a buddy that bought the same size tank and built an overflow in the middle and he complains everyday on lack of room. Another friend has a 55 long with a hang on the back that goes to a canister and he loves it. Just some thoughts.

Anyway you were looking for some DIY ideas, this DIY stand is pretty cool and cheap

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/155727-diy-stand-cost-practically-nothing-4.html

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Here is a 92 bow front in 100% cherry. Challenging to build but well worth it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 211

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: