Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I just got delivery of my snails, including dwarf ceriths and my sand sifting diamond goby seems to think that they're a treat for him. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do (other than get rid of the goby)?

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
yea my pink spot just moves them around, or in his cave.
sometimes he just puts one in his cave, it crawls out
and put it back in the cave. he does this for about an hour,
its funny, but sometimes i just feel bad for the snail.

Im like run dude! run!
oh, he got ya again.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
yea my pink spot just moves them around, or in his cave.
Sometimes he just puts one in his cave, it crawls out
and put it back in the cave. He does this for about an hour,
its funny, but sometimes i just feel bad for the snail.

Im like run dude! Run!
Oh, he got ya again.

roflmao

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Well it looks like the snails are there and that the goby was just moving them around as everybody has said. The goby was a bit rough on one particular snail that was attached to a dead fish though. Looks like he didn't like the snail being there because even after moving the fish it still tried to detach the snail. I think that one got it's shell broken. It's been busy excavating under my rocks which I thought were buried deep enough. Now I'm thinking I should really not have been lazy and put the rocks in before the sand.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh man !!! Thought I was the only one.... I just got an order of small blue leg hermits and tiny cerith snails and put them all in front of my goby's rocks so they can spread out. He was doing the same thing, staring at them then lurching at them and grabbing them and spitting them in his house area. I thought he was eating them too....maybe he is just playing ???? Silly Goby !!

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Bad news. My tank was overheating because of location so last night I left the cover open. I found the goby on the floor in front of the tank this morning. I had heard that they were jumpers but I thought he had settled in. I'm thinking that he got a little too close to my rbta and got excited. I saw it happen once before, he got stung and was darting around the tank for a bit.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: