aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I saw a site on fragging Toadstool Leathers, but I have the faintest idea what this guy used to make the cuts

1. What do I use to do this because my Toadstool is so big it's like a Solar Eclipse lol.

2. How do I frag Anthelias. I want it to grow on one side of my glass so it looks like it's waving.

3. Is there anybody in the area that can help me/show me?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Bayside is near Great Neck FYI. Thanks for the offer to help :). Interesting... scissors.

I really have to frag this thing soon. I say in about 2 weeks it's going to be a full solar eclipse and that'll block the light for the rest of my corals.

S

Syntheticreef

Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I noticed this thread and thought I would register to answer a few of the questions

I used a single edged razor to cut the leather. The one I used is in one of the pictures.

Fragging Anthelia is easy. It grows in a "mat"... take a pair of tweezers and pull at one of the edges (carefully loosening one edge) once you get a small piece pulled off the rock, trim it off with a razor. The mat has a somewhat tough leather like texture. Remove the piece from the water, dry the bottom off with a paper towel and use a super glue gel to attach it to a piece of rubble or another rock (be sure to pat dry whatever you glue it to as well) put it back into a small bowl of tank water to set the gel and prevent heat generated from the glue from damaging the coral (10 seconds) then replace in tank in a location similar to where it was cut from for a day or so.

I didn't use a pizza cutter :splitspin

I avoid using scissors on softies because they pinch the coral to cut it and it seems to lengthen recovery time

Hope this helps,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: