litoreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i have a guy i know not a menber here on mh , i sold him this external pump about to month ago end he just call me telling me the he just had somebody set it up for him yesterday end he call me to tell me the he was getting alot of microbubbles in the main tank of the return pump so i was like how low was the water level in the last section of the sump end he told me real hight so i was ummm what hell is goint on, the guy the set it up for him told him the pump maybe crack i was no way so i told him to send me a pic of how it was set up so he send me the pic end look at what see wrong wrong wrong set up wrong i told him he was how come lol i told him the sump needed to be drill not the pvc goint up end over the edge of the tank end down ... ,,,,,,, opinions please for i could show him because it looks like he dont think im right ,,,,,thanks,,,,,,

Attachments

• Manhattan-20120227-00654 external pum.jpg
    Manhattan-20120227-00654 external pum.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Manhattan-20120227-00655 extenal pump.jpg
    Manhattan-20120227-00655 extenal pump.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 168
  • Manhattan-20120227-00656 external pump.jpg
    Manhattan-20120227-00656 external pump.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
It's not correct but it can work if the outlet in the DPT is not too deep beneath the water surface. If it's too deep, whenever the pump is pluged out the water will back flow and overflow the sump. It seem there is air traped in the U shaped part of the pvc pipes. Pump vibration on the bare floor is another story.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Panworld/Bluline pumps are not self priming pumps, water has to be level with the inlet to properly work. are all the joint's glued right (inlet side), if their is a tiny hole in any one of those joints it will create micro bubbles. For that pump to work properly the way it's set up, you have to create a P-Trap.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
There are no shut off valves nor quick disconnect fittings on this application. And the pump need to be placed on a mount and a damper.

V.Shaq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not an expert But!!!

I think his best bet would be besides what DRE pointed out shutoff valve, unions, mount, and damper would be first a chec valve at the inlet. Second I would make a mount/ stand that raises the pump inlet just above the sumps edge. I would decide the placement for the pump before starting the plumbing. I would do something like this, trying to use as little pipeing on the inlet.
pump_setup_designfor_litoreef_2-28-12.jpg

Hope this helps........:google:​

litoreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks each one of you the took there time to said what hey had to said end helping me out with this.. I just send him the link of the page for he could see for him self end maybe want to joint mh ....

V.Shaq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good eye!!!!! forgot to mention and illustrate that. Very crutial do not want to add unneeded pressure to the pump or tank. Also I guess it would depend on where the pump is placed.......

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I think his best bet would be besides what DRE pointed out shutoff valve, unions, mount, and damper would be first a chec valve at the inlet. Second I would make a mount/ stand that raises the pump inlet just above the sumps edge. I would decide the placement for the pump before starting the plumbing. I would do something like this, trying to use as little pipeing on the inlet.
pump_setup_designfor_litoreef_2-28-12.jpg

Hope this helps........:google:​
This set up will only work as long as the check valve is good, once the check valve breaks so will your pump. these pumps are not self priming...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: