mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This started as a faded white patch about a week ago. Then about 2 days ago started getting worse.

I did a freshwater dip (4 minutes) yesterday.

Any idea what it is?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 74

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You can treat prophylactically. Try Seachem Metroplex for possible Brook and Uronema. For Bacterial, especially if it was gram negative, you can use Kanaplex. I've used a combination of Neoplex, Kanaplex and Metroplex all at the same time. Other than that you could remove fish, give them a bath (formalin) and sterilize tank

AlanParker1989

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can treat prophylactically. Try Seachem Metroplex for possible Brook and Uronema. For Bacterial, especially if it was gram negative, you can use Kanaplex. I've used a combination of Neoplex, Kanaplex and Metroplex all at the same time. Other than that you could remove fish, give them a bath (formalin) and sterilize tank
I had a similar situation. 2 months ago there was one fish with such manifestations of diseases. But now 50% of my fish look like in the photo of this. Can your advice help in my case? Will it help save my rest fish?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How long have your fish been like that? Has it been like that for 2 months? If your fish look anything like the picture above, you certainly should do something about it. Clowns are prone to having Brooklynella. Chromis and Anthias are prone to get Uronema. What type of fish do you have?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: