Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello my friend gave me a rock covered in mushrooms and another type of coral, he only has pc lighting and he said they were fine i am just not sure what in the heck the corals are so as to figure the best place to put the rock or at least to start it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u462/MysticalKnight72/DSC_0824_zpsd908f65e.jpg
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u462/MysticalKnight72/DSC_0827_zps2363cb98.jpg
o and please forgive the gha on that rock it was received that way and i am working on it lol

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
i second the guess of a finger leather. Sinularia of some kind.
The edges look rounded/nubby while maintaining a fullness that bleached sps do not have.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
If they are some sort of leather I would get it away from the mushrooms as that is what would most likely be stressing them out.
Mushrooms have an uncanny ability to sting corals.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the info guys, don't know if I'll be able to really get them away as both the leather and the mushrooms are growing out of the rock itself, but maybe I can frag the mushrooms touching it and see if I notice any improvement in the leather before the heads grow back

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just an update on this situation, the corals still look as white as can be. the odd thing though is that they have grown a suprisingly large amount but they are still white. Im guessing i need to research a bit more to figure out what it is because unless I am mistaken bleached corals won't grow or at least not that significantly right? Oh and all of that gha is gone only thing i still have a lil of in my tank is some cyano at the base of one of my rock structures and i suspect that is on account of a proximity to a bay window in my living room.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: