Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
First let me say I know that the racoon butterfly is not reef safe but its a beautiful fish and I dont mind a nip here and there. That being said I bought him with a credit from a store. NO Names. And was told he was eating and saw it do so in the store. My water is well within acceptable peramiters with a slightly high po4 of 1ppm (working on it slowly with pellets and water changes) Anyway, its been in the tank for a week and was nipping at this and that and loved the nooks and crannies of my rock as I have pods and other live rock hitchhikers and seemed to be doing great. It has not eaten provided foods. I assumed it prefered to graze the rock. I had tried flake, mysis, marine cubes (meaty and herba), cyclops to no avail. I just dont get it. Anyway this morning he is floating/drifting around the tank. I took him to quarentine and gave a fresh water (ro) dip to no avail. I will sayit is a fighter as it, though lying on its side is trying to get it together. Its doing the gasping thing still but is alert when disturbed.
What can be done?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: