rebelson

Shatter your reality
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I finally set up my tank tonight and the noise that is emitting from the sump area is pure torture. The white pvc pipe pulls water through the tank and its sounds like Niagara Falls when it dumps it in to the sump! It seems as if a large amount of water is just being shot down in to the sump, stops for a second and does it again.

Please tell me that theirs a solution to this problem!

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Slowing down the flow sometimes can create problems. I use a filter sock and that muffles
the sound of water rushing through to the sump. Just my 2 cents

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I tried using ball valves to restrict water flow in my set up with no luck. My problem was, when I simulated a power outage, the flow in the overflow was not the same.
What I did was cut a piece of airline tubing about 8" long and stick it down the neck of the pipe and wire tie the other end above the water level, this will allow for more air to enter the overflow pipe. This has quited down my set up, this might not work for everyone but it's worth a shot.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Interesting, I think Rick reef noob did something like put a pin hole in the cap and that worked well maybe he can chime in and explain. I spoke to Dim last night and I told him just turn the valves on both a lil tiny bit and it worked perfectly I have done this before and it worked fine with no problems. I did also tell him to keep an eye on it for a while to make sure that the water level in his DT or sump did not rise to high but he said that it was perfect from about 2:35 am when I called him until late this afternoon before he went to work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: