chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seen that my 2 tangs have white spots. Is it best to keep my flame angel in a different tank ?? Also do u recommend me getting a uv sterilizer and what meds should i use to heal my tangs??

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I would put the tangs in a qt( if you have 1 ) and if its a fish only tank then i would run a uv. Uv kill good and bad in the water but if its a reef tank then i wouldnt (of cousre this is my opinion).

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I would put the tangs in a qt( if you have 1 ) and if its a fish only tank then i would run a uv. Uv kill good and bad in the water but if its a reef tank then i wouldnt (of cousre this is my opinion).

+1

If you are going to use any medication you should use a qt tank not your display tank. I for one dont like to use any medication or chems in my tank. Try seaching Ich here on the forum and you will find alot of information.

REEFSTA

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i wouldnt put any chemicals in a reef tank period sounds like you have ich iwould quartine them and remove it with copper fastest and easiest way (DO NOT DOSE COPPER IN YOUR REEF TANK OR ANY TANK YOU PLAN ON USEING AS A REEF TANK) also raise the temp

you can google it theres a million different ways i just ran some ideas your way best thing is trial and error

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you have ich, you will need to treat it asap.
ALL of your fish need to be treated as you will not necessarily see the Ich parasite although the fish may already have it in their gills.
Your main tank should have NO fish in it for a period of 10 weeks to insure that all of the Ich has died off (due to not having a host fish) during this time.

If you fish aren't badly infected you can try using the hyopsalinity method. If they have a lot of visible Ich you will need to use copper to treat the fish.

This is an excellent site that describes in great detail how to do either one of these methods to cure your fish. You cannot use both methods at the same time - you will have to choose one.
http://atj.net.au/marineaquaria/marineich.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: