ocean rock

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help me please i started my tank up about 8 weeks ago with ready mixed salt from the shop when i tested the salt level it was very low so went back to shop and they gave me some salt for free (how kind) but i carnt seem to get rid of the ammonia so went back to shop and i brought some pads which you put in fillter which get rid of ammonia also did water change 3 day later still the same so started testing everything and found that the ammonia is in the freshly made up mix with the salt that i was given its really high levels im not very experianced yet but im off to shop tomorow to complain but trying to ask for help first before making fool of myself the salts called aqua one everything eles test wise is good

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Some of the members here have experienced high levels of ammonia in Coralife salt. I think that it might not be a bad idea to cycle a tank with that salt mix because you won't have to waste a table shrimp to cycle your tank.

Also do you have live rock?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Some of the members here have experienced high levels of ammonia in Coralife salt.

Ray...it was a very low level of ammonia, and it might have simply been the batch.

Welcome to MR Ocean Rock :)
Can you tell us more about the tank..what size is it and do you have sand and live rock in there? If so, how much rock?

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite & nitrate and also your SG?

ocean rock

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a juwell 240 4foot it runs off internal filter and big external fillter uv seriliser i have living rock and few fish plenty of movment just carnt understand why the salt i have justed mixed up is getting high reading do i change salt ? or has all salt got ammoina in it i have tryed really hard to get my tank right and spent alot of money at this shop so when i return there tomorow i will have some idea of what im talking about thanks for all your help from a cold lady in england as its frezzing outside

ocean rock

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sorted out my problem went to shop told them what had happened and they tested mix and no ammoina was found so i used my test kit in front of them and it was really high .so i let them test my water and all tests are good so we put it down to rubish test kit it was a only a few weeks old but he said not a very good one so for me new test kit and you can always take your water to a good shop for free testing all is happy thanks for your help and i hope you get yours sorted

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: