firenze00

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got some mangroves a few weeks ago and have noticed that they are not doing to well, i think its because they dont have enough root space and are not buried in anything, they are currently in a hang on back filter. I want to attach a 5 or 10 gallon tank to the main 75 display can any one give me some advice on how to go about this? the simplest way you can think of. thank you

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If you have room, you could drill a hole in the new tank and let it overflow into your sump. In other words the display would drain into a section of the 5g or 10g, flow through the fuge, then drain from the drilled hole into the sump where it would be returned to the display.

This would require a little plumbing work, but no extra pumps or major purchases.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hey..i have my setup just like this..i have a pump which pushes water up into a 10g extrernal fuge with chaeto, 2 mangroves, caulerpa, 1 harlequin, 1 baby clown, 2 domino damsels..the 10 is drilled and has a high pipe..sucks water down and brings it to my sump..my mangrove roots are growing like crazy and so is my chaeto..ill send you a pic of my setup if you send me your email..oh yea..i have a 72G bow display tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: