Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hi All,

Inherited this poor specimen from a friend, who claimed the brain got left for about a week with a very industrious Jawfish that covered it almost completely with substrate.
My question for you is, can I salvage him? Hard to tell from the picture, but he's got feeders sticking out randomly, but the amount of skeleton showing scares me. I've tried to feed him without much luck, maybe a mysis here or there. Tank parameters are all good. Will the flesh grow back over the skeleton? No too sure how these grow (first time owning one) The flesh that is there is very healthy looking and soft.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1118152322.jpg
    1118152322.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 141

william_acker

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lobo started to grow back over the skeleton recently. I started to turn off my return and hit the tank with some coral Frenzy so all the corals have their feeders out and then I feed mysis and guard him from any crabs or shrimp until he eats. Your brain has a lot of skeleton so be patient but it's worth a try for a beautiful coral.

william_acker

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes time. And persistence. I got my lobo back in June. Started to receded in July and is just near close to fully back. And mine wasn't showing nearly as much as yours. Can be done but I'd try. Everyone told me to give up on mine and I couldn't and it paid off. Love the thing now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: