johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am about to put a 65 gallon outboard fuge on my 150 gallon sump. The fuge is going to be an open tank, placed above the sump on a stand. I would like to pump water through my sterilizer and into the fuge via a spray bar, then return it to the sump by gravity. The fuge is just going to be an open tank with a few inches of sand, some rubble and a ball of chaeto. How much flow through the fuge would be optimal?

knockout

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I am about to put a 65 gallon outboard fuge on my 150 gallon sump. The fuge is going to be an open tank, placed above the sump on a stand. I would like to pump water through my sterilizer and into the fuge via a spray bar, then return it to the sump by gravity. The fuge is just going to be an open tank with a few inches of sand, some rubble and a ball of chaeto. How much flow through the fuge would be optimal?

did you set it up?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
There is no formula for this. Heavily stocked tank or lightly stocked tank, is the fuge for nutrient export, how much, is it for critters and so on. The answer would be different for everyone on here. Use a valve so that you can fine tune the flow to find your sweet spot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: